Vitamin IV therapy is more than just the latest health trend; it is a reliable and convenient way to treat a variety of symptoms. Most people relate IVs to hospital settings because that where they have been commonly used in the past. Today, patients can experience the benefits of IV drip therapy in a spa-like setting.
If this is all new to you, you aren’t alone. Questions about Vitamin IV therapy are expected and encouraged! Here are 5 of the most frequently asked questions we receive:
1. What symptoms and conditions does IV therapy treat?
IV infusion therapy treats some issues and alleviates the symptoms of other conditions. Patients visit an IV drip lab for the following reasons:
- Jet lag
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Seasonal allergies
- Digestive issues
- Brain fog
- And more…
Patients receive different combinations of vitamins and minerals in their infusions based on their specific needs. Patients who receive vitamin IV therapy feel an overall sense of well-being throughout their minds and bodies. The benefits of IV therapy include:
- Improved immunity
- Mental clarity and focus
- Lots of energy
- Mood enhancement
- Anti-aging support
- Improved digestion
- And so much more!
2. Are there different types of infusions?
The first step in the IV therapy infusion process should always be a consultation with the nurses to review your medical history and conduct a basic lab assessment. This ensures that you receive the infusion that most suits your needs.
At Vitality IV, our team of experienced and highly trained registered nurses will determine which infusion will provide you with the most relief. Our IV therapy options include:
- BioClassic: treats and alleviates hangovers, asthma, depression, migraines, fibromyalgia, and seasonal allergies
- BioSinus: for colds and seasonal allergies
- BioImmune: boosts immunity, increases bone health and strength, increases energy, improves skin complexion, provides relief from the side effects of chemotherapy, and offers adrenal support
- BioQuench: helps digestion issues, improves metabolism, boosts mood, and restore energy
- BioDetox: eliminates toxins, improves focus, boosts energy, eliminates brain fog, and boosts mood
- BioPower: fights against fatigue, provides hydration, replenishes nutrition stores, and helps the body recover from an injury
- BioBrain: improves focus and mental clarity, fights fatigue, improves mood, enhances cognitive processing, and balances hormones and enzymes
- BioGlow: improves and repairs skin
- BioSoothe: relieves headaches, upset stomach, fatigue, chest pain, aching muscles, and depression
We also offer vitamin boosters and mini infusions for when you’re short on time.
3. How is Vitamin IV therapy different from taking vitamins orally?
Vitamin IV therapy offers several benefits over oral vitamins.
For starters, people who take vitamins by mouth only absorb about 20 percent of the vitamin or supplement. With IV infusion, the body absorbs nearly 100 percent of the nutrients. Secondly, vitamin infusion therapy dosages can be personalized to meet the patient’s specific needs according to their genetics, age, medical conditions, and metabolism. Finally, vitamin IV therapy improves the body’s ability to absorb vitamins A, C, and E that boost hydration.
4. How do I prepare for an appointment?
Preparing for your IV therapy appointment is just about as simple as preparing for a visit to the spa. Make sure you’re hydrated so your veins are easy to work with. Check out our Vein Prep Kit if you need some extra help! Eat a snack or small meal, but don’t worry if you forget, the drip lab should have snacks available. Dress comfortably and bring something to keep your mind busy.
5. What should I expect at an IV drip lab?
When searching for an IV drip lab, it’s important to know that not every IV lab meets high standards of quality, service, and care. Look for one that is 797 compliant so you know that they are committed to scrupulous sterile and safe practices.
Upon arrival, you will be met by a staff member who will review your medical history and conduct a basic lab assessment. The team will explain which IV infusion is best for you and how it all works. Some infusions can last up to 90 minutes.
You’ll leave feeling recharged and refreshed!
Schedule An Appointment with Vitality IV Today
At the BioMed Center New England, our team of registered nurses provide safe and comfortable care to patients with various needs. To experience all the benefits of vitamin IV therapy, contact our friendly team today at 1-401-443-4007.